Acai Bowl Recipe
Well, it’s a new year and that usually means new year’s resolutions! I’m not huge into the whole “new years resolution thing”, but I always think of this time of year as a great time to start fresh with eating healthy and making better lifestyle choices.
When it comes to eating healthy, one thing that I have been LOVING is acai bowls. They are the perfect breakfast and they are super fun to customize and decorate with all different kinds of fruit and granola! Hey, don’t judge, you know you love snapchatting the final masterpiece to all of your friends! ;)
Acai / smoothie bowls are pretty easy to make. But, I found the best Trader Joes Acai puree, that makes it even easier!
Now, lets get into how to make this delicious bowl!
- Tear off one of your Trader Joes Acai puree packets and run it under hot water for a few seconds to break up the packet
- Choose your favorite fruits, yogurt, milk, etc to blend to make the base of the bowl.
- My favorites to add are a half of a banana, strawberries, and some greek yogurt!
- Blend the puree, fruits, yogurt, or milk, and pour it into a bowl
- Now my favorite part, decorating!
For today's acai bowl I cut up kiwi and bananas and then put some granola on top! The best part about this snack is that you can add whatever toppings that sound good that day. Once, you’ve decorated your bowl to your satisfaction, you’re done and can enjoy your acai bowl!
What are your favorite ways to make an acai bowl?